Can you find a way to fold a sheet of paper so that you can cut out the tangram pieces accurately without any measuring?
Take the edge length of the square as 1 unit.
- Find the areas of the 7 pieces. What fraction of the square does each piece make? What are the perimeters of the 7 pieces?
- Arrange the 7 pieces in order of their areas.
- Arrange the 7 pieces in order of their perimeters.
- Are these two orders the same?
- Make a square from the pieces A, G, C and E. What is its area? What is its edge length?
- How many different polygons can you make using all 7 pieces of the tangram?
Click here for the Inclusion and Home Learning Guide.
Click here for the TANGRAM FRACTIONS worksheet.