GAMES FOR A GROUP OR CLASS OF ANY SIZE
See the Home Learning Guide to find the best game for your group. All the games are played in a similar way but with variations of scoring systems.
This game is just one example. Players enter the sum of the two 2-digit numbers in the unshaded boxes. Each game has a TARGET number.
- Draw the grid for your game.
- The player (or players) who get closest to the target win the point.
- Spin the spinner and all the players must write the digit in one of the shaded boxes.
- Once a number is written it cannot be changed.
- Repeat the spins until all the shaded boxes are filled in.
- The learners may need to do some calculation and decide how close their answer is to the TARGET number.
- Score 1 point for a win. Repeat several times.
AS A TEAM GAME: If you are a group then you can play as two teams so that everyone can play together. As chance is involved, younger learners are not always at a disadvantage. The participants can learn from each other if the teams are allowed to consult before deciding where to place the random digit that has just come up.
AS A GAME FOR INDIVIDUALS: the players play for themselves and compete against everyone else. All the games can be for 2 players or for any number of players.
TARGET GAMES FOR ALL AGES