This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Phindy Simani 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I need help about the fractions.I do not no how to classify them from the smallest to the biggest.

Phindy Simani
    Participant

it is better once you find common denominators.First make denominators the same, for example 2/3 and 7/8. 2/3 will be 16/24 and 7/8 will be 21/24, now you can see which is bigger and which is smaller. That is how I normally do it.

toni
    toni
    Keymaster

You can show Phindy’s example, and many others using a fraction wheel. See the attachment for more details. Make a wheel mmarked out in 24ths and you can use it for comparing the sizes of lot’s of fractions (half, thirds, quarters, sixths, eighths and twelfths).

Ray Huntley

Thabang, another approach is to build a fraction wall to compare fractions – this was one of the resources on your USB stick at the end of the course.

Sgqie Nohako

To the learner, you must try revise equivalent fractions first, and it will be better to convert fractions to one common denominator.

Try to use real objects like sharing bread or cake anything in real life situation.sharing a cake between him/herself and his/her friend, how many equal parts? what do we call each part?They must share among 3,4,6 … friends and draw and write the fraction of each.They must compare size of each part practically first then you can use fraction wall(abstract level) using coloured leads

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.