This topic contains 1 reply, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zet Zet Zozo 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Zet Zet Zozo
    Participant

I think it is better for you to understand the terminology and symbols/parameters used in this section first and then you must give a chance to learners to give their understanding. If one understands the term correctly, ask him/her to explain to the others. You may motivate and assist where necessary. Other things important are symbols/parameters used to represent a term or a phrase needs to be explained to the learners. This is my approach for the past 3 years and in all these years my learners were doing good in mid-year exams in this section and I make correction, where necessary and in trial excellent results

Anonymous

Hi This is a very general question and I remembered that in another discussion a teacher said that what they always do is Google the problem. I googled ‘ South Africa Financial maths Grade 12’ . In the list were some videos explaining some of the more complicated ideas. Do you have a phone that can show video clips or some access to the internet. If so you could try these videos:
    http://vimeo.com/5637683 and

If anyone has found other useful videos please could they post the links.

Chris Clarke
    Participant

As an extra resource, maths911 has mad a couple of books to help with financial mathematics. They can be found on the department of education website here and I’ve also attached them below

Chris Clarke
    Participant

also I forgot previously – there is another series of workbooks available on the mathsexcellence website. There are 11 workbooks on the following topics:

Grade 10
    Gr 10 Simple Interest
    Gr 10 Compound Interest

Grade 11
    Gr 11 Linear & Reducing Balance
    Gr 11 Nominal & Effective Interest Rates
    Gr 11 Future & Present Value Calculations 1
    Gr 11 Future & Present Value Calculations 2
    Gr 11 Full Solutions To ALL Worksheets & Activities

Grade 12
    Gr 12 Calculating the no. of time periods (n) using Logs
    Gr 12 Future Value Annuities
    Gr 12 Present Value Annuities
    Gr 12 Bond Repayment & Sinking Funds

You can access all of them here: http://mathsexcellence.co.za/financial-maths.php

Sdumo Msindo
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys you’ve really helped me.Chris I’ve downloaded from 911 and this has helped me also in other learning outcomes. Thank you again.

Patricia Kotyi
    Participant

Financial maths is a nice topic and its easy for the learners to understand.Once you get used to it you will enjoy it.

Sdumo Msindo
    Participant

Through the help of you collegues I have discovered that Financial maths is not a big deal, it only needs practice and understanding. Also the links given by Chris are very good and they give a deeper understanding of each and every lesson at FET.Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.